Friday, June 12, 2009

New Girl Observation No. 3: The search for good Thai

My friend Chris and I are on a search for great Thai food in Anchorage. We have that dream restaurant in mind--the one where every single dish on the menu is perfection-sweet, dangerously spicy with just enough crunch. So I ask almost everyone I meet in town.

I asked the Thai lady who did my manicure—she told me her house has an excellent reputation and I could come over some time. I love that but it also seems problematic for the 10 p.m. Friday night craving for a mean, spicy Pa Gra Pow.

So for that those times, I'm still looking for a good haunt.

Anchorage residents LOVE Thai Kitchen, located on Tudor Ave. They’ve got quick express lunch that reminds us of the fast food Asian you can get in New York City and Washington DC. (It’s also got the same cafeteria-type décor.) They change it the offerings a little each week. Off the menu, the green curry with chicken and eggplant is excellent.

Chiang Mai Thai Restaurant at Old Seward and 36th is another favorite. They’ve got this amazing fried tofu dish that defies reason. Here’s another

No comments:

Post a Comment